On Earth we're briefly gorgeous : a novel / Ocean Vuong.
- ISBN: 9780525562023 (hardcover)
- ISBN: 0525562028 (hardcover)
- ISBN: 9780525562047 (paperback)
- ISBN: 0525562044
- Physical Description: 246 pages ; 22 cm
- Publisher: New York : Penguin Press, 2019.
- Copyright: ©2019
The Cushing Library/Women & Gender Studies copy was acquired as part of The Don Kelly Research Collection of Gay Literature and Culture.
"On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous is a letter from a son to a mother who cannot read. Written when the speaker, Little Dog, is in his late twenties, the letter unearths a family's history that began before he was born -- a history whose epicenter is rooted in Vietnam -- and serves as a doorway into parts of his life his mother has never known, all of it leading to an unforgettable revelation. At once a witness to the fraught yet undeniable love between a single mother and her son, it is also a brutally honest exploration of race, class, and masculinity."-- Provided by publisher.
Ferro Grumley Award, 2020.
Search for related items by subject
- 57 of 63 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Ridgefield Library.
- 6 current holds with 63 total copies.
Other Formats and Editions
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Ridgefield Library||FIC VUONG (Text)||34010145829734||Adult Fiction||Checked out||02/14/2023|